I did do a complete fresh install of 1.0.9 on my new server actually, I was only trying to upgrade the site files. :-) It looks like we're using MySQL on the old server. Which brings up another question, which database is recommended for best performance with Review Board? I'm using Mac OS X Server 10.6 on the new server, and SQLite seems to have more built-in Python support than the other databases on that platform. How would I do the dump/import? (Or at least where are the relevant files?)
Ian On Jul 19, 12:05 pm, Christian Hammond <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi Ian, > > I would recommend doing a complete, fresh install (of the software, not the > site yet) to start out on the new server, rather than copying Review Board > files over. Then do an SQL dump of your database (which are you using?) and > import it onto the new server. Once you've done that, you should be able to > create a site using rb-site install, and specify the information on your > database. You my then want to do rb-site upgrade on it just to make sure all > the migrations happened properly. > > It's hard to say how well it will work, given the age of the software, but > give it a try. It might work. If it doesn't, we'll look into another > solution. > > Christian > > -- > Christian Hammond - [email protected] > Review Board -http://www.reviewboard.org > VMware, Inc. -http://www.vmware.com > > > > On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:47 AM, Ian <[email protected]> wrote: > > I recently inherited a Review Board server which was last updated some > > time around June 5, 2008. I can't find the version of Review Board > > that's installed anywhere, but judging by the dates I think this would > > be a pre-alpha 1.0 installation. I need to migrate it to new hardware/ > > new OS/current RB/etc. I set up a new server with Review Board 1.0.9, > > copied the site over, then tried rb-site upgrade, but it didn't like > > the site (said it couldn't find settings_local.py even though the file > > is there). All I really want to do is copy the reviews themselves > > over; I'm quite happy if I have to redo all the settings and generally > > recreate the site (in fact I'd almost prefer doing that...). Can > > anyone give me a little help? If it gives you any clue as to which > > version of Review Board I have, the site's directory looks like this. > > (ChangeLog, NEWS, README, and __init__.py are all 0 byte files.) > > > $ ls reviewboard > > AUTHORS contrib settings.py > > COPYING devserver.sh settings.pyc > > ChangeLog diffviewer settings_local.py > > Makefile.am django_evolution settings_local.py.tmpl > > NEWS djblets settings_local.pyc > > README htdocs settings_local.py~ > > __init__.py iphone templates > > __init__.pyc m4 test.py > > accounts manage.py urls.py > > admin reports urls.pyc > > autogen.sh reviews utils > > conf scmtools webapi > > configure.ac server.sh > > > Ian > > > -- > > Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at > >http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ > > Happy user? Let us know athttp://www.reviewboard.org/users/ > > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > > [email protected]<reviewboard%2bunsubscr...@googlegr > > oups.com> > > For more options, visit this group at > >http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -- Want to help the Review Board project? Donate today at http://www.reviewboard.org/donate/ Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/ -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en
