SQLite should never really be used for a production system. It's not really
designed for extensive concurrency. We use MySQL and haven't had a problem
with it, so I'd personally recommend that.

The dump/import I was referring to would be the native SQL dump. That only
works when going between the same database type (MySQL to MySQL, for
instance). In this case, you'd use mysqldump to dump it out and mysql to
load it back in (you'll have to look up some instructions online for doing
this).