Geoffrey,

It was part of my Summer of Code to implement a similar (in concept at
least) interface, and I ran into a question about how to do this
properly, and I think a range selector is the best possible solution,
but they are hard to implement, even when using jQuery UI's range
selector, so I'm working on that.

Note that currently RB does not show a cumulative patch, only a
version and a difference between versions. It will show cumulative
patches, as that was part of SoC as well, but the feature is for
inclusion in a future version of ReviewBoard.

But no matter how newbie you are, I would really encourage you to post
your code to http://reviews.reviewboard.org, so I can check it out and
discuss this further.

Cheers,

Eduardo Felipe.