Hi Jeb,

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:35 PM, Jeb <jebbe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've read the docs and looked out on the web and haven't really found
> enough on this subject to satisfy me. Using RB seems pretty simple.
> Someone creates a review request. I review it. We iterate over the
> review, having these nice threaded discussions. Code is changed or
> not, finally it is submitted and closed. The tough part for me is
> knowing exactly when I've got work to do.
>
> 1. Bob creates a review
> 2. I respond to it asking for clarification on a few things
> 3. Bob responds
>
> How do I know Bob responded?

Review Board send You e-mail with Bob's comments.

> Email - that's not enough for me, I don't rely on email to keep track
> of workflow issues like that
> New Comments Icon - what happens when I click the review and then mess
> with it -- that icon is gone and now it looks like any other review

You also get little nice chat balloon icons inside Dashboard and You
have view "Incoming Review" \ "To Me" on the left side.

> I just wish I could have some custom status or something where I could
> do the review, hit publish, then change it to "awaiting coder
> feedback" or something and have it show up in the submitter's incoming
> list.

Right now Review Board workflow is fixed. Review Board does not work
as issue trackers where you can change your workflow and add new
states. This is not the case. ReviewBoard workflow goal is KISS.
However I feel that chat-balloon icons somehow works that way. Just
try to look how and when they appear closer.
This "fixed-workflow" probably will be more customizable in Review
Board 2.0 where You should be able to write extensions to Review
Board. Also please look for new "issue tracking support" in Review
Board 1.6 - maybe this somehow resolve Your problem.

> I'm sure I'm missing something, and I apologize for wasting anyone's
> time with this, but I could really use some help.

No problem :)

> Jeb

Regards,

Jan