Hi Jeb,

Jan had some good comments, and I'll add a bit to that.

The New Comments icon does indeed go away when you open the review request.
The intent is that you'll read whatever changed when you next view that
review request. I'm guessing in your workflow, you sometimes go into a
review request to make updates but then want to see any comments since you
last read it?

In the upcoming 1.6 release, we collapse all reviews that are older than
when you last visited the review request, making it easier to see what on
the page you really should be paying attention to.

I think down the road, we can do better about actually tracking whether
you've viewed a review, based on where you've scrolled. Not in 1.6, but
perhaps after.

It sounds like what you're wanting though is really a more clear "Who's
ballpark is this in?" This sort of workflow is very specific to individual
setups, so I'd be hesitant to bake it into Review Board itself. However,
that can be where extensions come in. In 2.0 (which we'll be working on
after 1.6 is out the door), we'll support writing custom extensions that can
augment the dashboard and review requests, amongst other things, and it's
conceivable that someone would write such an extension.

What I'm curious about though is how you decide when it's the reviewers'
turn and when it's the developer's turn. It seems that it's generally the
reviewers' turn when a new diff is updated, and the developer's turn any
time after there's any feedback. How would you change it in your setup?