Hi David,

it's actually sounding like the server doesn't allow password-based auth.
Can you check this? Do you use an SSH key to access it from your own box?

What you could do (and this is safer as well) is to generate an SSH key for
Review Board (Settings -> SSH) and then add the public key on the SVN server
so it can be read from without needing credentials. Then you don't have to
worry about storing anything in the database.