Hi Chris,

Apologies for confusion.

I did noticed your response and replied for help. Even after removing "/'
from the URL i am not able to proceed further. The URL which i create i
passed to "self.opener.open"

self.myurl = self.rbserver +
'/api/review-requests/?changenum=%s&repository=1' % changenum
self.urlopen = self.opener.open(self.myurl,self.data)

my self.data contains the credential please see the code.

       self.values = {'username' : self.qlogin, 'password' : self.qpasswd }
        self.data = urllib.urlencode(self.values)

My code is getting stuck and gives authorization error 401 at

self.urlopen = self.opener.open(self.myurl,self.data)

So i wanted to ask you am i doing correct steps to get the review id, hence
i requested you to review the code and if you have any other approach to get
the review id please let me know

def get_review_request_by_changenum(self, changenum):

        """
            Get the review request object via a perforce changelist
            Args: 'changenum' - perforce changelist

        """
        if changenum == 'default':
            print "default not allowed. please a pending or submitted
changelist"
            sys.exit(1)
        self.myurl = self.rbserver +
'/api/review-requests/?changenum=%s&repository=1' % changenum
 *        self.urlopen = self.opener.open(self.myurl,self.data)*    *<<<<<<<
do i need to follow any other approach.*
        self.result = simplejson.load(self.urlopen)
        if self.result['stat'] == "ok":
            self.dict = self.result['review_request']
            return self.dict
        else:
            return

Thanks again for help.