I've been trying to get the same configuration (git via ssh managed by
gitosis) working successfully for me. Unfortunately, I have been unable to
add the repository in the server without it throwing a 500 error instantly.
I would certainly love to here how it works out for you, and what
configuration options you used in setting up the repo.