I can understand that there is something wrong the way you have configured
the repositories in git.

Better to have a local clone (make sure that no-body modifies it using git
clone --no-checkout)

and add a 'git fetch' git.py in scmtools/git.py to  update this local clone

-Vin

Polisetti Vinay,
Member tech,
D. E. Shaw &  Co.