Update: after having stepped away for a few hours, I was able to add a
repository now. Weird.

However, now I am stuck at the next problem. I select "Github", add account
name and password and everything else, then click "Save". The page returns
with a notification saying

The authenticity of the host 'github.com (' couldn't be

RSA key fingerprint is 16:27:ac:a5:76:28:2d:36:63:1b:56:4d:eb:df:a6:48.

Do you trust this host, or do you want to go back and edit the repository

I click "I trust this host", but then the page returns with

   - This field is required.

Account password:

I input the password again, and the page returns with above notification.
And so on, ad infinitum. What can I do here? Add a "known_hosts" file to
the data/.ssh? Am I doing something wrong?