This command

    ssh-keyscan -H github.com > data/.ssh/known_hosts && chown
www-data:www-data

fixed the ssh issue. Now the next problem:

   - A repository was not found at the specified path.

Repository type is "Git", plan is "Private". What needs to go in the "Name"
field? The repository I want to reach is one to which my account has rw
access. The git URL is of the standard format
"g...@github.com:<owner>/<name>.git" and I can read and edit the repository
while logged into my account on github.com. I tried

    "<name>"
    "<name>.git"
    "<owner>/<name>"
    "<owner>/<name>.git"
    "g...@github.com:<owner>/<name>"
    "g...@github.com:<owner>/<name>.git"

none of which works for me. The documentation
at http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/manual/1.6/admin/configuration/repositories/
doesn't appear to be up to date with 1.6.7.

Help very much appreciated!

-Tobias