The FF user who had problems has Firebug installed ready for the next time,
nothing has happened so far.

In a similar vein, I've Windows XP user with IE8 (the latest IE for that
platform) that had a single occurrence of writing a massive comment on a
review (along with diff/code comments) and the review being lost. He
(luckily copy/pasted the comment text into an email) hit publish, went away
for an hour for lunch and came back it was "still publishing" and so he
ended up closing the session down and lost his review (he did NOT any point
use the "save" option). I've just got Chrome installed on their machine but
I wanted to share this experience in case anyone else experiences this.

The other weird behavior (and I've seen this in FF too) is occasionally
hitting Publish will show the "do you want to navigate away from this page"
dialog shows up. I'm a pretty compulsive "ctrl-s" saver so I know this is
benign (and I'm hitting publish too) but again sharing in case anyone else
is seeing this.

We're planning an upgrade to 1.6.12 soon, so maybe these will go away?

On Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:38:14 PM UTC-7, Chris Clark wrote:
> On Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:12:08 PM UTC-7, Christian Hammond wrote:
>> The IE thing is weird, because I don't think anything should have changed
>> as far as text entry goes in a while... Which IE?
> The IE behavior may not be new, for the version see the title (9) but
> recall it was seen with 8 too. I can get access to someones machine where
> this seems to occur on a regular basis.
>> For Firefox, is there anything in the JavaScript console? Installing
>> Firebug (you may need an older one for FF3.6) would give you a lot more
>> useful information.
> That might be tricky, I'm personally not seeing the problem but I'll mail
> out to the upgrade hold outs :-) and make sure they have it installed. I'll
> keep you posted on what we find.

Happy user? Let us know at