Not that I know more about Gitlab than I did yesterday, but it appears that
Gitlab is simply a web layer on top of normal git engine, so we were able
to simply install gitweb right alongside Gitlab to do kind of what I was
suggesting above with stand-alone service just handling the requests we
need. Turns out we didn't even have to write that service, gitweb works.

On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:13:44 PM UTC-5, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> On 2012-11-20 17:54, DXM wrote:
> > Thank you for the reply, guys. I wonder if I could just write my own
> > stand-alone service (listening on port 8080) that could sit on the
> gitlab
> > box and just serve up the output of 'git show..." command.
> If you can run git against something that looks like a git checkout (I
> think a bare repo would work also) on the Gitlab server, that should
> work. (But I would still recommend putting in a feature request for
> Gitlab :-).)
> I couldn't do that with gitorious because there aren't readily
> accessible repositories; I would have needed to clone the gitorious repo
> for such a service (and at that point, you might as well keep the clone
> where RB can talk to it directly).
> --
> Matthew

Happy user? Let us know at