Hi Christian

  Finally i could able to make some progress . I have chosen postgres SQL
database . I have created a user called 'db1' and granted
  some privileges for that user .

  Now rb-install tell me that 'db1' role does not exist .

  [root@test Packages]# rb-site install /var/www/reviews.nonstopqa.com

* Welcome to the Review Board site installation wizard

    This will prepare a Review Board site installation in:

    We need to know a few things before we can prepare your site for
    installation. This will only take a few minutes.

* Make sure you have the modules you need

    Depending on your installation, you may need certain Python
    modules and servers that are missing.

    If you need support for any of the following, you will need to
    install the necessary modules and restart the install.

    Databases (optional):
        * MySQL (MySQLdb)

* What's the host name for this site?

    This should be the fully-qualified host name without the http://,
    port or path.

Domain Name:

* What URL path points to Review Board?

    Typically, Review Board exists at the root of a URL. For example,
    http://reviews.example.com/. In this case, you would specify "/".

    However, if you want to listen to, say,
    http://example.com/reviews/, you can specify "/reviews/".

    Note that this is the path relative to the domain and should not
    include the domain name.

    The default is /

Root Path [/]:

* What URL will point to the shipped media files?

    While most installations distribute media files on the same server
    as the rest of Review Board, some custom installs may instead have
    a separate server for this purpose.

    If unsure, don't change the default.

    The default is static/

Shipped Media URL [static/]:

* What URL will point to the uploaded media files?

    Note that this is different from shipped media. This is where all
    uploaded screenshots, file attachments, and extension media will
    go. It must be a different location from the shipped media.

    If unsure, don't change the default.

    The default is media/

Uploaded Media URL [media/]:

* What database type will you be using?

    You can type either the name or the number from the list below.

    (1) postgresql
    (2) sqlite3 (not supported for production use)

Database Type: 1

* What database name should Review Board use?

    NOTE: You need to create this database and grant user modification
    rights before continuing. See your database documentation for more

    The default is reviewboard

Database Name [reviewboard]: nonstop

* What is the database server's address?

    This should be specified in hostname:port form. The port is
    optional if you're using a standard port for the database type.

    The default is localhost

Database Server [localhost]:

* What is the login and password for this database?

    This must be a user that has table creation and modification
    rights on the database you already specified.

Database Username: db1

Database Password:

    The default is hp_123

Confirm Database Password [hp_123]:

* What cache mechanism should be used?

    memcached is strongly recommended. Use it unless you have a good
    reason not to.

    You can type either the name or the number from the list below.

    (1) memcached (recommended)
    (2) file

Cache Type: 1

* What memcached host should be used?

    This is in the format of hostname:port

    The default is localhost:11211

Memcache Server [localhost:11211]:

* What web server will you be using?

    You can type either the name or the number from the list below.

    (1) apache
    (2) lighttpd

Web Server: 1

* What Python loader module will you be using?

    Based on our experiences, we recommend using wsgi with Review

    You can type either the name or the number from the list below.

    (1) wsgi (recommended)
    (2) fastcgi
    (3) modpython (no longer supported)

Python Loader: 1

* Create an administrator account

    To configure Review Board, you'll need an administrator account.
    It is advised to have one administrator and then use that account
    to grant administrator permissions to your personal user account.

    If you plan to use NIS or LDAP, use an account name other than
    your NIS/LDAP account so as to prevent conflicts.

    The default is admin

Username [admin]:

    The default is admin123

Confirm Password [admin123]:

E-Mail Address: arun.ku...@gmail.com

* Installing the site...
Building site directories ... OK
Building site configuration files ... OK
Creating database ... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rb-site", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('ReviewBoard==1.7.6', 'console_scripts', 'rb-site')()
line 1936, in main
line 1397, in run
line 1683, in show_install_status
line 880, in step
line 366, in sync_database
    self.run_manage_command("syncdb", params)
line 556, in run_manage_command
    execute_manager(reviewboard.settings, [__file__, cmd] + params)
"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line
459, in execute_manager
"/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line
382, in execute
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 196, in run_from_argv
    self.execute(*args, **options.__dict__)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 232, in execute
    output = self.handle(*args, **options)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/core/management/base.py",
line 371, in handle
    return self.handle_noargs(**options)
line 57, in handle_noargs
    cursor = connection.cursor()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/django/db/backends/__init__.py",
line 319, in cursor
    cursor = util.CursorWrapper(self._cursor(), self)
line 177, in _cursor
    self.connection = Database.connect(**conn_params)
line 178, in connect
    return _connect(dsn, connection_factory=connection_factory, async=async)
psycopg2.OperationalError: FATAL:  role "db1" does not exist

Arun kurse