I haven't received enough replies to be able to say. Having you test this would
really help.

Would you be willing to make a backup of your database, then install the Django
Evolution package from http://downloads.reviewboard.org/temp/django-evolution/?
You'd need to attempt the upgrade again and then test out the site a bit, make
sure nothing is broken (including commenting on file attachments).