I reported success with the new django-evolution in a different thread, but
I'm replying again here just to get all the information in one place.  The
conversion of my 1.5 database to 1.7 took a long time - possibly hours.  I
monitored it for about an hour and then just left it for the weekend. When
I came back on Monday it had successfully finished. Our database is about
6GB in size running on a MySQL server.  Hope that helps.

Thanks for the patch Chris.

--Steve