Just to add, I have deployed a temporary work around of changing the lines
to read

        service = get_hosting_service(hosting_type)
        if not service or service.self_hosted:

I'm not convinced that this is a suitable patch for including upstream, so
have avoided posting a review request on reviews.reviewboard.org - I'm
happy to help with such a diff if given a little direction though :)

Adam