Hi Stephen,

2.2.1 is the last version of markdown that works with Python 2.5, which is why
that one is hard-coded. I bumped the non-py2.5 version to 2.3.1 for support
reasons, so everyone's on at least the (current) latest version.

If that's causing real problems, it can be brought down to 2.2.1, but I do want
to get in the habit of supporting newer versions and not having such a wide
range of supported dependencies. That's bit us in the past (and, lately, has
been biting us with Mercurial).