On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Matthew Woehlke
<mwoehlke.fl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 2013-10-17 16:19, Christian Hammond wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>
>>> Wait... what happened to 1.8? :-)
>>>

>> 1.8 is becoming 2.0.
>>
>> Here's a brief summary of what's changed since 1.7:
>> [...]
>>

> Thanks. Sounds very cool and exciting!

It should be an amazing release. We wanted it to be smaller, just the JS
rewrite mostly, but then we kept polishing, and polishing..

>  * Given the rewrite, we have fewer cases where the entire page has to
>> reload after some event (like publishing a reply to a review). We're going
>> to reduce reloads more as we go forward.
>>

> See, it's when you do awesome stuff like that that I can't understand why
> anyone in their right mind thinks gerrit is a worthwhile tool compared to
> RB :-).

:)

There's still a couple things Gerrit does that we don't, I guess. I'd have
to agree with you though, but I'm biased :)

>  * Comments and a review request's Description and Testing Done fields now
>> support Markdown. That means a comment can include an image, or
>> syntax-highlighted code samples, or what have you.
>>

> Sweet :-D.
>
>  [...]
>>
>> So we felt it was worth a version bump.
>>

> Is there is a 'sandbox' server running the bleeding edge anywhere? I
> suppose I could always roll my own, but it would be cool if there was a
> convenient way for curious folks to play around with the new features in a
> non-production / demonstration environment.

Yep. demo.reviewboard.org and reviews.reviewboard.org are running this
(though a week out of date I think).

Some features, like image diffing, currently requires some manual work to
associate the image with the diff, since the API for this isn't yet
committed and RBTools work still needs to be written, but it'll be there
soon.