It certainly doesn't look like the environment variables are being used.

Can you run 'sudo -E -s' and echo both variables so I can see them? (You
can blank out the domain, but I want to see the format and that they're
both set.)

We've seen this come up from time to time, and it's always been due to the
proxy not being set correctly, or the inability to access the proxy, so I
want to be sure of that first.