try this:
export https_proxy="http://yourid:yourpassword@yourproxy:8081";
export http_proxy="http://yourid:yourpassword@yourproxy:8081";

On Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:04:31 AM UTC+11, TIDave wrote:
>
> I was able to use easy_install with .egg file which I downloaded.  I just 
> haven't been able to get it to connect to pyp.python.org for some reason.
>
> On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:51:26 PM UTC-6, TIDave wrote:
>>
>> $ sudo -E -s
>> # env|grep proxy
>> http_proxy=http://xxxx.xxxx.com:80
>> https_proxy=https://xxxx.xxxx.com:81
>>
>>
>> On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:32:28 PM UTC-6, Christian Hammond wrote:
>>>
>>> It certainly doesn't look like the environment variables are being used.
>>>
>>> Can you run 'sudo -E -s' and echo both variables so I can see them? (You 
>>> can blank out the domain, but I want to see the format and that they're 
>>> both set.)
>>>
>>> We've seen this come up from time to time, and it's always been due to 
>>> the proxy not being set correctly, or the inability to access the proxy, so 
>>> I want to be sure of that first.
>>>
>>> Christian
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
>>> Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org
>>> Beanbag, Inc. - http://www.beanbaginc.com
>>>
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 1:19 PM, TIDave <david...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> http_proxy and https_proxy are both set:
>>>>
>>>> sudo -E easy_install -U ReviewBoard
>>>> Searching for ReviewBoard
>>>> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/ReviewBoard/
>>>> Download error: [Errno 111] Connection refused -- Some packages may not 
>>>> be found!
>>>> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/ReviewBoard/
>>>> Download error: [Errno 111] Connection refused -- Some packages may not 
>>>> be found!
>>>> Couldn't retrieve index page for 'ReviewBoard'
>>>> Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
>>>> Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/
>>>> Download error: [Errno 111] Connection refused -- Some packages may not 
>>>> be found!
>>>> Best match: ReviewBoard 1.7.21
>>>> Processing ReviewBoard-1.7.21-py2.6.egg
>>>> ReviewBoard 1.7.21 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
>>>> Installing rb-site script to /usr/local/bin
>>>> Installing rbssh script to /usr/local/bin
>>>>
>>>> Using 
>>>> /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/ReviewBoard-1.7.21-py2.6.egg
>>>> Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/mirror/
>>>> Reading http://downloads.reviewboard.org/releases/ReviewBoard/1.7/
>>>> Processing dependencies for ReviewBoard
>>>> Finished processing dependencies for ReviewBoard
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:52:27 PM UTC-6, Christian Hammond 
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> How did you install the packages?
>>>>>
>>>>> You're really going to need to get easy_install working. Did you also 
>>>>> set https_proxy?
>>>>>
>>>>> Something like this will work best:
>>>>>
>>>>>     $ sudo -s
>>>>>     $ http_proxy=<proxy> https_proxy=<proxy> easy_install -U 
>>>>> ReviewBoard
>>>>>
>>>>> Christian
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> Christian Hammond - chi...@chipx86.com
>>>>>
>>>>> Review Board - http://www.reviewboard.org
>>>>> Beanbag, Inc. - http://www.beanbaginc.com
>>>>>  
>>>>>
>>>>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 11:55 AM, TIDave <david...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>  I'm behind a proxy, and setting http_proxy would not work for me 
>>>>>> with easy_install, so I downloaded the required packages and installed 
>>>>>> ReviewBoard 1.7.21 for Python 2.6 on Ubuntu 10.  When I try to create a 
>>>>>> site I get Error: Unknown command: 'registerscmtools'.  I've tried 
>>>>>> removing, re-installing, and upgrading packages to no avail.
>>>>>>  
>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>> Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/
>>>>>> powerpack/
>>>>>> ---
>>>>>> Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
>>>>>> ---
>>>>>> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>>>>>> --- 
>>>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>>>> Groups "reviewboard" group.
>>>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, 
>>>>>> send an email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>  -- 
>>>> Get the Review Board Power Pack at 
>>>> http://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
>>>> ---
>>>> Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
>>>> ---
>>>> Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
>>>> --- 
>>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
>>>> Groups "reviewboard" group.
>>>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
>>>> an email to reviewboard...@googlegroups.com.
>>>> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>>>>
>>>
>>>

-- 
Get the Review Board Power Pack at http://www.reviewboard.org/powerpack/
---
Sign up for Review Board hosting at RBCommons: https://rbcommons.com/
---
Happy user? Let us know at http://www.reviewboard.org/users/
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"reviewboard" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to reviewboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to