Hi Richard,

One thing I totally forgot about with my prior suggestion was the
relatively new exclude (-X/--exclude) functionality in rbt diff and post.
This might be a cleaner way to commit from root while weeding out the
unwanted files.

I work under the same methodology where we have feature/bug-fix branches
and numerous commits to those branches before a review is initiated.  But,
the way that we post to the review board server is that we merge back to a
trunk working copy and then initiate `rbt post` from there.  Once the
review request is approved then we really merge back to trunk.  While the
code has long been committed, from the rbt perspective the procedure is
that of a pre-commit review, and logically we think of it as a pre-commit
review before going to trunk.  This works well almost all of the time.
There are sometimes a few hiccups with new or deleted files.  Also, one
caveat is that this probably won't work too well if you are leveraging SVN
externals.  That is really a shortcoming of the svn command lines tools,
but we've developed a wrapper around rbt to make it play nice with
externals as we leverage them heavily in our code base.

Good luck,
Griffin