Barret already gave you the technical explanation -- and what I think
amounts to a bug in RBTools.  I highly doubt that this is indicative of any
problem on your end with respect to your cluster or repo configuration.  If
I had too guess, your cluster is a shared resource and you have it
configured either globally or on a per-user basis not to store SVN
passwords, as by default these are stored as plain text under Linux.  I
suspect you are saving your password on your local machine which is why the
post operation succeeded there.

On Friday, April 10, 2015 at 5:15:13 AM UTC-4, Richard Parks wrote:
> Hi Griffin,
> You're absolutely spot on, it was prompting for my svn password and then
> failing, if I rbt diff or post and give it --svn-username it works fine.
> It would be good to find out if this is a bug with RBTools or if it is a
> problem with the way we run our linux cluster and/or svn repo here.
> Thanks so much Griffin.
> On Friday, 10 April 2015 02:51:29 UTC+1, Griffin Myers wrote:
>> Hi Richard,
>> Am I correct that "rbt diff" is prompting you for your svn password?  If
>> so, then there is likely a bug in here.  Do you have any better luck if you
>> try:
>> rbt diff --debug --svn-password <your password> 12192 12208
>> You might also need --svn-username, but it looks like it already has the
>> correct username for you.
>> Thanks,
>> Griffin
>> On Thursday, April 9, 2015 at 4:22:23 AM UTC-4, Richard Parks wrote:
>>> Hi Griffin,
>>> Thanks for your help on this as well, here's the svn log:
>>> svn log -r 12192 -l 1 --xml
>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>> <log>
>>> Authentication realm: <http://mycompanysvnrepo:80> Subversion
>>> repositories (mydepartment)
>>> Password for 'myusername':
>>> <logentry
>>>    revision="12192">
>>> <author>myusername</author>
>>> <date>2015-04-02T13:17:52.412260Z</date>
>>> <msg>My description of what I'm working on here</msg>
>>> </logentry>
>>> </log>

Happy user? Let us know!
For more options, visit