Richard,

Barret already gave you the technical explanation -- and what I think
amounts to a bug in RBTools.  I highly doubt that this is indicative of any
problem on your end with respect to your cluster or repo configuration.  If
I had too guess, your cluster is a shared resource and you have it
configured either globally or on a per-user basis not to store SVN
passwords, as by default these are stored as plain text under Linux.  I
suspect you are saving your password on your local machine which is why the
post operation succeeded there.

Griffin