Hi Griffin,
Yes you're correct on all counts, both of our clusters are shared resources
and are configured not to store svn passwords. My local machine on the
other hand is pretty secure and so does save my svn password.
It's good to fully understand the reasons behind an error so thanks for all
your help.

Best regards,
Richard