Christian,

Thanks for the quick response.

1.  I don't need or want subvertpy.  I just noticed that the error was in
pysvn.  I'll stick with what you guys have determined works best; i.e.,
pysvn.

2. I don't remember ever setting passwords for the repositories.  I see
what I guess is encrypted passwords in the scmtools_repository table.  They
are encrypted and do *not* start with a tab, so I guess that is the problem.

How do I change them again?   If I go into "Repositories" as the admin and
click on a repository, I get the same error.  Can I change them directly in
the database (as plain text)?