Glad it works, David! Sorry for the Power Pack issue. I'll see if we can
bullet-proof that a bit more.

If it helps down the road, we've been providing support contracts to
customers and working with them closely when major issues like this come
up, to help them get up and running quickly as soon as there's a problem.
I'd be happy to talk to you more about this if it'd be useful.

Christian Hammond -
Review Board -
Beanbag, Inc. -

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 12:59 PM, David Carson <> wrote:

> Excellent.  The "DEBUG = True" was just the ticket.
> The problem was that we had installed the PowerPack extension for the
> trial period on the old server.  We never used it after that, so I
> completely forgot about it.  But, its presence was known to the backup, so
> whenever I clicked on a repository link, it was trying to import some power
> pack stuff and barfed.
> By the way, I chose to debug this on a separate debug install that I did
> this morning on a VM.  I did not want to disrupt the masses until I was
> sure I had a solution.  Took a few whacks, but mostly worked well.
> All I had to do was install the PowerPack via easy_install.  I did not
> bother to enable it, since we don't plan to use it.  But my VM will now
> happily load the admin repository pages.  And, I'm about to disrupt the
> masses for a moment while I restart httpd on the production server.
> Thank you for all your *excellent* help. We love the tool.
> David
> On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 6:06:14 PM UTC-4, Christian Hammond wrote:
>> Hi David,
>> Been in meetings. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
>> That's odd. If you get a 500, it should definitely appear in the log.
>> What you can try doing if that's not happening is *temporarily* setting
>> this in your $sitedir/conf/
>>     DEBUG = True
>> (This *will* change behavior of the site, so remove it when done with
>> this test.)
>> Reload the web server and go back to that repository. You should get a
>> detailed traceback now, along with all the variables at each point in the
>> trace.
>> Christian
>> --
>> Christian Hammond -