Hi Christian,

Thanks, that was exactly the problem. After switching to InnoDB, the
upgrade to 2.5.2 completes, and I have a working install.
The one other change I had to make was the memcached backend name in
settings_local.py (CacheClass -> MemcacheCache).

I did notice a difference in the "condensediffs" operation, under 2.0.18 it
reported 21% savings, while under 2.5.2 it reported around 40% -- in both
cases I started from the same 1.7.27 database. If that is something of
concern, I can provide more details.