In a project we're using subversion as our SCM. Since I like the GitHub
review style very much, I would like to do the same with reviewboard.
For this the planned process would look like the following:
- The "master" branch is trunk
- All code changes are done within separate feature branches (e.g. under
branches/features) like in GitHub
- Normally one developer is working on a feature branch
- Only reviewed and shipit code can be committed/merged to trunk
I would use two SVN hooks for this.
Feature branch hook:
- Post-Commit hook
- Only listens to changes under branches/features
- Takes the feature branch name (myfancyfeaturebranch) and checks it
against the "branch" field in reviewboard
- If no review request exists for the branch field, it creates a draft
review request, setting the branch field to feature branch name
- As a diff, it sends the whole changes from the feature branch start to
- Subsequent commits will find the existing draft review request (by branch
field) and update it with the complete diff
- Once the developer is finished, he manually published the review request.
- Other developers start the review and leave comments/issues
- From there on, additional commits to the feature branch will only update
the review request with the current revision diff
- Still, identification is done by the feature branch field
- If the review request gets the ship it, the developer can merge/commit it
- Pre-Commit hook
- Only listens to changes under trunk
- Checks for the commit message if there is a "review: <number>" in it
- If it isn't valid, the commit is aborted. Invalid states are:
- none is specified
- the review id does not exist
- the review submitter isn't the same person
- the review has no shipit
- After the merge is complete, the review request is deleted (or marked
My question is, is that somehow possible with the latest reviewboard?
I took the contrib svnhook which already uses rbt and managed it to send
the whole diff for a feature branch and to set the branch field.
What is left is to be able to query reviewboard for review requests for a
specific branch field and maybe status (shipit flag etc.).
Is that somehow possible with rbt? I tried to use api-get, but that is
complaining about a non-existing working copy. Since it is a
svnhook, it does not have a working copy at all :). So, can I use rbt
api-get for my scenario at all? What are the alternatives for that?
Using the plain REST api? I'm not a python developer and I'm not keen on
becoming one ;).
For the trunk hook, I already found some hooks via google that almost do
the same as I planned. But I think they use the (old?) json
style web api. Is it still supported and recommended? Are there
Supercharge your Review Board with Power Pack:
Want us to host Review Board for you? Check out RBCommons:
Happy user? Let us know! https://www.reviewboard.org/users/
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.