On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 5:56:32 PM UTC+12, Eric Holmberg wrote:
>> *More details*
>> I did a test install of RB on a virtual machine and the window sizing
>> works as expected.  However, my production environment consists of having
>> the RB URL request mapped to the "/reviews" URL which is then proxied to
>> the actual RB VM:
>>    - Apache Web Server "/reviews" -> proxy -> Reviewboard VM ==>
>>    Everything works other than window sizing
>>    - Apache Web Server w/ Reviewboard at "/" ==> Works
>> I have configured SITE_ROOT in conf/settings_local.py to "/reviews/".  I
>> don't see any denied resource requests when viewing the network requests,
>> so it seems to be an issue with JavaScript somewhere getting surprised by
>> the root directory change and/or an issue with the proxy configuration.
>> I'm setting up a VM with the RB set to /reviews directly to see if the
>> issue is in the proxy or in non-root URL's with RB.
> I have confirmed that the sizing issue appears to be a result of the
> Apache Proxy (most likely a quirk of ProxyHTMLURLMap not rewriting a URL
> correctly).  I'm trying to dig through the HTML and JS files to see where
> the issue lurks.
> Regards,
> Eric

Narrowed it down to the DOCTYPE tag getting stripped through the proxy
which causes the $(window).height() to get set to the $(document).height().
 Forcing the ProxyHTMLDocType fixed the issue.

For other poor souls that run into this issue in the future, here is my
Apache 2.4 Proxy configuration.

    ProxyHTMLEnable On
    ProxyHTMLExtended On
    ProxyHTMLMeta On
    ProxyHTMLCharsetOut *
    ProxyHTMLStripComments Off
    RequestHeader unset Accept-Encoding
    ProxyHTMLDocType "<!DOCTYPE html>"

    ProxyHTMLURLMap http://vm-server http://phys-server
    ProxyHTMLURLMap http://phys-server http://phys-server

See the following links for more details:

Christian - thanks for the reply and being the proverbial confessional
teddy bear.