Well, I was hoping to have one site with one DB, and just test the modified
code with my existing RB site, which is configured with mysql, but I can
try again tomorrow with a second site.

I tried installing the python-mysql module from within the dev environment,
but I still get the same error.  Getting kind of frustrated with this,
though the payoff if I can get it working will be nice.