Nandor Kollar has posted comments on this change. ( 
http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24733 )

Change subject: IMPALA-14996: Optimize count(*) for Iceberg V3 DV-only tables
......................................................................


Patch Set 3:

(1 comment)

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24733/3/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/catalog/FeIcebergTable.java
File fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/catalog/FeIcebergTable.java:

http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/#/c/24733/3/fe/src/main/java/org/apache/impala/catalog/FeIcebergTable.java@1258
PS3, Line 1258: getTotalPositionDeletes
> That's a good observation, I'm afraid I missed this when I recommended to u
I'm wondering about one more possible improvement, which can help in non-time 
travel case. We can collect the DV record count in a simple long within the 
IcebergContentFileStore, when we construct it. I think we eventually iterate 
though the list of file when the content file store is created, why not collect 
this record count in that iteration? Would this work as a reasonable 
improvement over iterating through the list of delete vectors for each count(*)?



--
To view, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/24733
To unsubscribe, visit http://gerrit.cloudera.org:8080/settings

Gerrit-Project: Impala-ASF
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: I0e6239629ee779a64808a0a4bbe041ef756c5bb2
Gerrit-Change-Number: 24733
Gerrit-PatchSet: 3
Gerrit-Owner: Arnab Karmakar <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Arnab Karmakar <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Impala Public Jenkins <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Nandor Kollar <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Peter Rozsa <[email protected]>
Gerrit-Comment-Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2026 19:44:41 +0000
Gerrit-HasComments: Yes

Reply via email to