I prefer to use enterprise/corporate level systems that have come off lease and
have been refurbished.

After suffering through years of Dell Optiplexes that have bad motherboard
capacitors, we've moved over to HPs with Intel i5 processors. In particular, I
have had good luck with the 8300 series with a mix of USF/Slim Form
Factor/Desktop and Mini-Tower. They can run Windows XP (for our iMediaTouch
system - scheduled for upgrade to the latest version or replacement with
Rivendell) so you shouldn't have any issues.

I have Rivendell built from the Appliance on a 8300 Slim Desktop/SSD and it's
been rock solid for a year.

Steve Varholy
President and General Manager

[1478183502168_WXRY_Full_993_300x145.png]

The Historic Barringer Building

1338 Main Street - Suite 202

Columbia, South Carolina 29201

Office: (803) 753-7260 x 251

Direct: (803) 404-5535

Cell: (703) 585-2101

A Service of the Independent Media Foundation