There are 3 types of case that HP use for their enterprise desktops.  These are
USFF (Ultra small form factor), SFF (small form factor) and CMT (Convertable
Mini Tower).  Only the CMT version has full height slots.  The CMT case can
either be used upright or it can be turned on it's side and the DVD drive can
be altered for either.  It will just fit into a rack case on it's side, and
it's about 4u in height.  Here is a link to the service manual.
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03612798

Andy

---- On Thu, 15 Feb 2018 00:54:58 +0000 Rich Stivers
<r...@stivers-bros.com> wrote ----

Thank you for sharing all your experiences. I appreciate it. One more question,
do HP8300's typically have some full-height

 PCIE slots? Most of the 8300's I found on Amazon that listed expansion slots
had low profile PCIE slots only. For my AS cards

 I need full-height x1 slots.

Rich Stivers