Hey Andy,

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 4:32 PM, Andy Higginson <a...@higgles.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’m pleased to announce that there is a new Rivendell Wiki in
> development.  Fred Gleason has been very supportive of this and will be
> looking after the hosting.  I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Fred for
> arranging this.

Great.

> The new Wiki is located on a temporary server at http://wikidev.
> rivendellaudio.org but will at some point be migrated to it’s permanent
> home.

snip

>   At the moment, we have no idea if people are actively using more than
> just the usual CentOS/RHEL and Debian/Ubuntu builds.  I know in the past
> that there have been builds on Gentoo and other versions of Linux.  Are
> these still in use? Is anyone still using RRAbuntu?  Please let me know.

Well, since Alban  and the Tryphon folks  stopped updating the Ubuntu
builds, I have gone over to the Paravel/Centos way for all new installs.

This is great for some of what I do and a pain for other stuff I do. For
the serious stuff it is great. For the more out there and experimental
stuff, not so much. The Centos repositories that are "approved/recommended"
for use with Rivendell lack much of what I need to easily mess around with
things.

> I will be asking for further input in the coming days and weeks and would
> be grateful for any help offered.
>
> Andy
>
> all the best,

drew