On 2009-03-30 01:10, meik michalke wrote:
am Sonntag, 29. März 2009 (23:40) schrieb meik michalke:
i have built a .deb for hardy including that small fix:
 o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/rkward_0.5.0c-test5-1~hardy1_i386.deb

... and used dpatch to create a diff file to build the .deb from the .orig.tar.gz sources:
 o http://reaktanz.de/stuff/R/rkward_0.5.0c-test5-1~hardy1.diff.gz

this adds dpatch to the build dependencies (only for hardy, though), but makes changes for one distro easy and obvious, since they all end up in the debian/patches directory. if there are other hardy users out there, i'd appreciate some testing, if that's ok...

viele grüße :: m.eik
Hi
I just set up a test machine with hardy 8.04.2 Desktop 32bit, R 2.8.1 and tested it. It complains that it can't find kde4-config.

I have tried two methods and get essential the same error

I have pulled the source from svn

And I tried the method Thomas described earlier (making a deb package):

Could you please try the following steps, and write back on the results:

In your /etc/apt/sources.list add this line:
        deb-src http://rkward.sourceforge.net/debian ./
Now go to a temporary directory and enter:
        apt-get source rkward
This should pull you the 0.5.0c-test3 sources and build scripts. Then:
        sudo apt-get build-dep rkward
This will install everything needed to compile. Two additional ones:
        sudo apt-get install dpkg-dev
        sudo apt-get install fakeroot
These are needed to create debian packages. Now inside your temporary directory:
        cd rkward-0.5.0c-test3
        dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
Now your temporary directory (cd ..) should contain a .deb built for your system. Install that and test.

Regards
Finn