Kimden: Riccardo Paolo Bestetti <riccardo.kyo...@live.it>
Tarih: 17.03.2017 14:13 (GMT+03:00)
Alıcı: ReactOS Development List <ros-dev@reactos.org>
Konu: Re: [ros-dev] New ideas added to GSoC Ideas list

Sorry for the non-developer intrusion, this is the point of view of an IT
technician that would happily substitute Windows machines with ReactOS machine
in an hypotetical future.

To me, this looks like an extension (and a perilous one) to the “which NT
version should we target?” discussion, which at some point was interrupted and
so a decision has never been made.
I understand that seamless 3.1 support would be “cool”, but would it be of any
use? If you can already get it working albiet in a non-seamless way, it seems
more than enough to me, and I don’t think that resources should be allocated to
this if the objective of the project really is (as I understand) to create a
viable replacement for Windows.

Just my two cents as a real-world user.

Regards,
Riccardo