Apparently there is some backward-compatibility problem loading Rosegarden ('.rg') files saved in prior versions of Rosegarden.

All of the several '.rg' files that cause Rosegarden to crash when loading them, can be loaded and played using version 15.12 of Rosegarden. But when you try to load them with version 16.06, a crash occurs.

I don't know what it is about the files that causes the crash. Some are complex, and some are simple.

I have attached a fairly simple '.rg' file that crashes Rosegarden 16.06 when you attempt to load it.

Please check if it causes a crash in your test systems.

I still don't know why the sequence position fails to advance when using Ubuntu 16.10. When I play the same pieces on Ubuntu 16.04 (using Rosegarden 16.06), the sequence position advances properly.

I will investigate this other problem further, and let you know what I find.

- Aere