I am glad to hear that the networking problem seems unusual. I tried
UbuntuStudio 3 separate times and had networking issues every time which
didn't exist with the same version of regular Ubuntu. That experience
steered me away from Ubuntustudio. It seems like it is the only DAW distro
that has had real staying power. Others have been around for 1 or 2 revs
and died or there has been a very long gap between updates.

In general, i am not overly fond of Ubuntu as a distro. When I experienced
the networking issues in studio, I was less inclined to troubleshoot than I
would have been in a distro I was more familiar with and liked better but
with the staying power of studio, perhaps I should take another look.

Dave