On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 03:19:35 +0000
rosegarden-user-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 22:36:26 -0400
> From: Darcy Kahle <darcyka...@sympatico.ca>
> Subject: Re: [Rosegarden-user] recording audio
> To: rosegarden-user <rosegarden-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
>
> I am using Qsynth to play the MIDI output through Jack.

So am I and I just connected to what you're complaining about, I've been
working around it for about a year NO PROBLEM.

I use jack_capture and the wav file it saves out is also very weak but if I
raise the RG AudioMixer out volume jack starts flashing red lights all over the
place. The problem might be jack_related, I have no clue, but after I load the
file into Audacity and amplify it at will. You can do that too with any editor.
HTH

BTW, can anyone suggest a half-decent distorted guitar sound?  Everything I try
in GM or Zyn just SUCKS & I have no idea how to use any other source!