On 11/02/2013 12:39 PM, Abrolag wrote:

> Not resistors, you need two diodes, and with no preamp they'll have to be
> germanium ones (if you can find any).

I have some germanium diodes, oddly enough.  They're out of one of those
15-million-and-1 electronic projects kits.

I never got along with electronics very well.  Read the schematic, build
the circuit, it doesn't work at all like it's supposed to.  OK, this is
educational.  Not.  I have utterly zero clue why not.  Check the
schematic, test again, same result.  Buy a book called "Basic
Introduction to Electronics" or something to that effect, and it starts
off with 700 pages about covalent bonds and electron energy levels and
crap.  Ooooookay, but how do you put the thingies together to do stuff?
  Oh, you just have to make the electron jump three levels until it
escapes, and then that's how your calculator works.  ???

I'll leave electronics to you hard science maths/chemistry/physics guys.
  You know, the guys who have real jobs.  Ha.
--
D. Michael McIntyre