On 11/02/2013 11:02 AM, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On 11/02/2013 12:39 PM, Abrolag wrote:
>
>> Not resistors, you need two diodes, and with no preamp they'll have to be
>> germanium ones (if you can find any).
>
> I have some germanium diodes, oddly enough.  They're out of one of those
> 15-million-and-1 electronic projects kits.

OK, this is fancier than what we used to build (I could have sworn we
used resistors, one of which was a potentiometer to adjust the amount of
fuzz added) but looks servicable:

http://culturalflow.com/netlabels/electronic-musik/1971-fuzzbox-circuit-project-full-instructions-diy

Note that it works by overamplifying the signal. The ones I recall
building worked by adding the noise of battery current to the otherwise
normal audio signal. But maybe I'm recollecting things wrong. That was a
long time ago.

Looks like it has step-by-step instructions Michael could use. ;-)

--
David
gn...@hawaii.rr.com