> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 09:22:25 +0000
> From: j...@it-he.org
> Subject: Re: [Rosegarden-user] Low writeout volume
> Feed a clavinet through a distortion pedal and choose the chords
> carefully.  I've made a patch for my Triton which does this using
> its internal effects.
>
> It won't sound exactly like a guitar, but it sounds better than
> anything else I've tried.
> IIRC Tony Banks did this on the intro of 'Return of the Giant
> Hogweed', and I'm pretty sure that the 'March of the Gladiators'
> solo on Cockney Rebel's 'Mr. Soft' was done in a similar manner.

That's a little over my head & I have no midi hardware
as such although I do plan to get me a controller keyboard.
I'll look into it, it sounds interesting. Is it me or is the
guitar sound a more difficult one to synthesize?

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2013 08:32:39 -0400
> From: "D. Michael McIntyre" <rosegarden.trumpe...@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Rosegarden-user] Low writeout volume
> To: rosegarden-user@lists.sourceforge.net
>
> > BTW, can anyone suggest a half-decent distorted guitar sound?
>
> Plug a guitar into an effects box and plug the effects box into your
> computer?
>
> (I couldn't help myself.)

Its ok, I do it all the time!  I'm learning guitar and use RG
to make backing tracks so it's a chicken & egg thing. Once I
can play studio quality that will become a practical option
but by then all my backing tracks will be perfection itself  [plan-A] :-)