On 11/01/2013 02:32 AM, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
>> BTW, can anyone suggest a half-decent distorted guitar sound?
>
> Plug a guitar into an effects box and plug the effects box into your
> computer?
>
> (I couldn't help myself.)

Can't help myself, either:

Plug a guitar into a cheap battery powered amp.

Record the amp sound on an old cheap tape recorder.

Hook that battered old cheap microphone you've had hanging around in the
closet for decades into your main audio recording system.

Play the tape recording through the cheap battery powered amp.

Record that output using the old mic.

I'm pretty sure that will give you a distorted guitar sound.

For more distortion, start with a cheap electric guitar, or add another
cheap tape recorder and increase the number of re-recordings done
through the cheap amp ...

Or you could make a do-it-yourself fuzz box using a 9v battery and a
couple of resistors ...

--
David
gn...@hawaii.rr.com