I did it again. Last time, Lorenzo, I promise.

So what I said:

Well, here's the problem: When I initially put the chord in, I made
the notes dotted whole notes, which made them span three measures.
And, now that I'm suddenly remembering what happened there, I
determined that a note BEFORE this chord needed to be longer, which
meant that I had to somehow move three measures worth of chord over to
start at the next measure. I realize that you can do this in the
matrix editor (in fact, that's the instance that drove me to look at
the matrix editor in the first place), but I was hoping to keep the
notation up with the piece as I went along, so I tried to do what I
could with the notation and wound up with what you see in the picture.

But THEN, something happened... I think maybe I had the erase tool
activated and forgot about that or something... I don't remember, but
whatever it was, either undoing didn't fix it or I didn't want to
undo. This removed the tie from that first half note to the quarter
note in the next measure. No problem, I figured, I can just select
them and tie them. Unfortunately, ever since then, it SHOWS the tie,
but it plays like it's not tied. Since I had worked out an earlier
problem (with this same chord) with the matrix editor, I tried that. I
get the same problem, though.

Might it be worth deleting the whole chord altogether and putting it
back in? At least in the matrix editor?