I should start doing that.

Anyway, as I said before, I had to make the time signature 2/4, which
would make a whole note of four beats span two measures. I know it's
weird, but I started composing the piece on guitar and wound up having
trouble finding the right signature before finding that 2/4 worked
really well. Though now that I have a good portion of it down, I
should be able to come up with a better signature.