You could focus on how the piece sounds and when you have it the way you
want, make a duplicate and clean it up from a notation point of view. For
notation, I would just use a fermata where the matrix editor is messing
with the notation.
I love the fact that RG is a musical swiss army knife but that does, as
Lorenzo pointed out, introduce trade offs. If you want the best out of the
sequencer and the notation editor, I would make 2 files.

Dave