On 07/04/2016 17:55, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On 04/07/2016 10:44 AM, Silas Mortimer wrote:
>
>> do that and then use shortcuts in LilyPond to "clean it up" visually?
>> To be specific, what I'm asking is if LilyPond has ways of easily
>> fixing problems like my first example.
>
> The LilyPond export engine is very much GIGO.  Garbage in, garbage out.
>    If the notation is a mess in Rosegarden, it will be even worse in
> LilyPond.

Still I did do some pretty crazy piano notation in RG which I then
exported and hacked in Lilypond. The great advantage of that was that
having worked in Rosegarden I could also have a very nice rendering of
the piano part.. So, as said I consider RG notation support (including
Lilypond export) way above average compared to many (even commercial)
sequencers... ;)