On 08/08/2016 06:38 PM, Ted Felix wrote:
> On 08/07/2016 08:15 AM, Mario Gummies wrote:
>> among 19 tracks rosegarden leaves randomly some without sound
>
>     MIDI only supports 16 channels.

Reading back over the thread, I see Ted caught the user's original
problem.  He was using Timidity, rather than a DSSI plugin, and indeed
he probably just ran out of channels and/or had things doubled up or
otherwise not configured in a viable way.

I think using DSSI plugins would get around that limitation, so
everybody else is on a viable track with that thinking.

Another option is to create more than one synth engine with QSynth, with
16 channels per engine.  That's how I roll personally, as I never liked
using large numbers of DSSI plugins and having to configure every
fricking one of them individually.  It just feels so wasteful.
Especially with a separate, separately configured reverb on every one of
them.

But anyway......

--
D. Michael McIntyre