On 07/17/2017 07:12 PM, chuck elliot wrote:
so it looks to me that under 16.02 RG sends out program change
messages according to what's set up in the studio every time
you press PLAY.

Under 17.12 RG does not send out program changes when you press
PLAY...

I've confirmed this. 16.06 is the first version that doesn't send out BS/PCs when play is pressed starting from time zero. This feels wrong to me. I need to track down what changed and why.

I did notice that BS/PCs do get sent out on load. So, try this... Make sure your synths are on and connected. Try loading a different .rg file (even just a File > New should do), then load the .rg file that talks to the M1 and M3. This should cause BS/PCs to go out and your synths should be set up properly at this point.

Ted.