On 5/23/20 2:17 AM, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
Hi Ted,

On 23/05/2020 03:02, Ted Felix wrote:
   Just posted some new ideas for the rosegarden app icon on the wiki. Head over to the logo page and have a look at the pdf at the top.  Then let me know what you think.

I like (in order of preference):

1. with transparent background, maybe trying to tweak the 'yellow/orange' point to remind a bit more of the the current icon (on my screen it looks a bit more towards a brown than a red/pink). I don't really mind about missing 'musical reference' as Rosegarden is established as a name for a musical app (at least in the connoisseurs' circle :-)

#1's OK. I like #5 much better. Transparent against the default Ubuntu background looks OK. Against backgrounds I use - rotating photos that I've taken or graphics that I like - would just make it hide more effectively. I usually start Rosegarden from icons on the XFCE tool bar I set up at the bottom of the screen. Those icons are rather small.

5. is fun, but would do a test making the leaf smaller and rotating the piano (anti)clockwise (so that it hints to the matrix editor) :-P

No. Keyboards aren't oriented sideways. When you're playing one, they're horizontally laid out in front of you.

I have no use whatever for the matrix editor, so see no need to stress it. I understand what they are, they're just a great big barrier. One thing that sets Rosegarden apart (for me) from other sequencers is that you're not stuck with a matrix editor.

--
David W. Jones
gn...@hawaii.rr.com